How To Keep Your Internet Marketing Expenses Under Control
One way to keep your internet marketing advertising costs under control is to use free traffic sources.
There are many free sources of advertising you can use in your Internet Marketing Business to generate traffic. I will briefly cover some of these methods.
- Social Media: Facebook & Twitter are well established in social media. There are, however, some new venues on the scene. Pinterest and Google+ are becoming more popular in internet marketing. Below are some tips for each.
- Facebook: Gone are the days of making a simple post on FB and having it go out to most of your followers. You now need to have increased levels of interaction to have your posts seen by many. If you are just starting out this can be a challenge. FB has recently allowed you to sponsor your posts for a fee. This will get your FB account or page out to the masses which will boost your interaction, which will then boost the amount of followers seeing your future posts.
- Twitter: This is a very fast paced social media platform. Your posts have a shelf life of only minutes. To add to the life of your posts you should be using hash tags, direct messaging, and at mentions.
- Hash tags: are when you put a #symbol in front of a keyword. Ex: #internetmarketing. Notice how I did not put a space between internet and marketing. If you do your hash tag will only read as internet, not internet marketing.
- At mentions: are when you put an @ symbol in front of the person’s user name. This will show up under the @ Connect tab on the Twitter tool bar. A twitter user can access this post for a much longer period of time and gives them added exposure. They will likely mention you back increasing your exposure as well.
- Direct Messages: are not seen by the public and can be used to send a more personal or private message. It also is available to the user for an extended period of time.
- Pinterest: Is a unique social media platform that uses pictures as it’s form of communication. As they say a picture is worth a thousand words!
- Google+: is a very fast growing social media platform. Their circles allow you to categorize your followers so you can control which posts are seen by whom. You can have the same person in multiple groups and not worry about them receiving duplicate posts. Carol Amato has just come out with a new e-book about how to use Google+. You can pick up your FREE copy at: http://www.carolamato.com/
- Safelists: can be overwhelming if you don’t know what you are doing and have a good system in place. I have recently joined the 10K Challenge where you learn how to conquer this FREE traffic source while you are making money! If you join my team at: I will be your mentor and help you take it and your business to the next level.
- Search Engine Optimization: also know as SEO can give you lots of traffic if mastered. The techniques for this are always changing with every search engine update so if you use this method, keep up to date.
To Your Success!
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” ? Dr. Seuss
~ Karen Karo ~
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-30795148-2']); _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', 'karenkaro.com']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);